Sunday, September 14, 2014

C4T # 1

         My contact is a middle school principle. His name is Mr. Bernia.
Mr. Bernia
I am glad that I was assigned a principle. After reading his blog, I have got a little insight into what it is that he is looking for in a teacher, and I have picked up a few ideals that I hope to carry forward with me.

         The first blog post I replied to was about teachers understanding that they should take most of the blame for their student's failure and figure out ways to solve the problems. He suggest that if students are gaffing off their assignments, it may very well be that the teacher has not done their job.

         The second blog post was one that I found very interesting. He has decided to have the entire student body read the same book and discuss it in class. The experiment is an attempt to build unity between the students and teachers and to see if it helps with absenteeism and grades.

No comments:

Post a Comment